The symbols K.A.C.F.M.An. are used to indicate the geographical range of the species. They have been adopted to give an approxomation of the range of each species within New Zealand.
- Kaipara Harbour, north around North Cape, encompassing the Three Kings Islands and south to East Cape
- Lower North Island and the northern part of the South Island
- Otago, Fiordland and Stewart Island
- Chatham Islands, Pitt Island
- Subantarctic Islands of New Zealand
Select from the list of Taxonomic Classes
(Family, Genus, and/or Species)
e.g. "Chatham", "Three Kings"
e.g. "Pipi" (Common Names), "Subfossil", "Introduced" etc.
only list shells with photos
Use the form above to search for Families, Species, Localities etc
www.mollusca.co.nz © all images copyright Andrew Spurgeon 2007 email: